Thursday, November 5, 2009

An Endorsement...Great Baking Dish by Dale Keller!



I recently acquired one of Dale Keller's fine hand thrown pottery, a baking dish with lid.  Dale is one of our artists in our consortium group (see link to Dale's blog), and just want to report what a very fine baking dish it is.  My wife and I enjoyed perhaps one of our tastiest home cooked chicken two nights ago!
 
All I did was place the pieces of chicken in the dish, added a bit of water to the bottom, and applied my seasonings.  The dish circulates the juices within itself, as Dale explained it to me.  Collecting on the lid by heat and returning to the chicken below.  Was wonderful...and being ceramic and a bit on the heavier side, it retains its heat after serving by replacing the lid...and when ready for a second portion its contents remain good and warm!

I'm already looking forward to trying this dish with salmon steaks, venison...you name it.  A great addition to our cookery here in the Seiler household!

From time to time, we'll feature some of the fine art & products from our consortium members.   Check back...  8^)

No comments:

Post a Comment